Inevitably there are going to be some differences between the books and how we run Camp-Jupiter as an RP group. As Primus and June are the current Praetors of Camp Jupiter, it makes sense that the two of them should run the camp differently from how it’s run in the books. Here are a few differences and similarities between the two. - Unlike in the books, Fauns have been
threatened convinced by Primus and June to take over grounds-keeping for the Camp. In exchange, they are allowed to eat with the campers. They are also capable of earning denarii and spending it in the Marketplace.
- Although they aren’t on the best of terms, the leaders of Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood are aware of each others’ existence. The campers at Camp Jupiter are vaguely aware that Camp Half-Blood exists from what they have heard, but they have not heard anything about it in so long that it has devolved into a mere myth.
- There is still animosity toward Greeks.
- Camp Jupiter in the books has really strict ideals about what a true soldier uses for their weapon. Primus would continue this tradition, but when discussing this topic with the Senate he sells the idea of letting people choose an alternate weapon for themselves by saying that it gives their soldiers an added advantage against their enemies because they wouldn’t be able to predict what kind of techniques they would use because they’d have an additional weapon that is different from what is considered ‘regulation’.
- Boys are not obligated to have their hair kept in a crew-cut style as this would, obviously, make it much more difficult to tell all those boys apart. However, they ARE obligated to make sure that their hair doesn't get in their face and obscure their vision.
- The books don't go into detail as to what growing up in New Rome is like. I have detailed how we're doing it in the group here: [link]
- "Norms", Demigod and Legacy offspring who are 'normal' humans that are more clear-eyed than others and through training can learn how to manipulate the Mist, exist in our group. More details about Norms can be found here: [link]
- Our group has two trainers: Lee, who teaches how to handle weapons, and Cam, who leads physical training and exercise.